Hard Candy Glossaholic Chill Out and Rise & Shine Review

11 August 2011

This is going to be another Hard Candy review on the Glossaholic Sequin Saturated Shine lip glosses, but on two specific glosses. I already have a review on some of the colorful glosses that you can find here. These are really similar in style to the MAC Wonder Woman collection; they're the same size and the wands are the same.

These glosses can be found at Walmart and they're $5 each. I often find that Hard Candy products tend to be hit or miss for me. I either love the products to death or I think they're awful. I love the normal Glossaholic glosses and if I could rewind, I'd buy two more of those instead of these two.



Hard Candy's website states:

SUPER HUGE MEGA WATT LIPS One dip covers your lips! Ginormous applicator with gloss cup deposits gloss to your whole mouth in one swipe! These super lustrous lip glosses are infused with prisms of color that make lips appear fuller and plumper. Out of this world hyper-reflective prisms of pearl make lips sparkle like crazy! Feeling tired or wired? Two Glossaholic sparkling clear top coats are infused with mood altering elixirs to help you Chill Out or Rise & Shine! – You can wear alone or as a top coat."

These glosses don't contain glitter...they actually contain glitter FLAKES. These glosses are shiny. The flakes aren't gritty like some glitter glosses can be. They feel smooth on the lips. There are only two specialized glosses; "Rise & Shine" and "Chill Out". Both glosses are clear w/ glitter. These glosses contain a whooping 10.8g of gloss and the applicator is just as oversized as the tube itself.


Here's a little size comparison between a regular sized lipgloss wand and the mega-sized one in the Glossaholic glosses.


The other interesting thing about the wand is that the slanted tip has a dip in it. This "gloss cup" is supposed to collect enough gloss to be able to cover both lips in one go. I don't know how well this picture shows it, but I tried to capture the gloss cup.



Both of these glosses serve a special purpose. These both have a different scent; from both each other and the other six colorful glosses. These glosses are smooth feeling and sticky enough to have a little bit of staying power. The glitter flecks aren't super noticeable on the lips. Because of the shine and the glitter, these glosses make the lips look fuller. They're not ACTUALLY lip plumpers but they do have a similar effect, w/o causing the allergic reaction. I like these because I like the glitter and for what they are but I don't think these specific glosses actually live up to their claims.

Chill Out


This is the first out of the two glosses. It is a clear base w/ glitter flecks that shine purple and flashes green. This gloss is super pretty and smells like vanilla. It has a similar scent to the regular Glossaholic glosses, but a little more vanilla and less of a frosting scent. "Infused w/ mood altering elixir," "Chill Out" is a relaxing lip gloss. However, I don't think wearing this gloss is going to relax you any more than any other lip gloss. Of course, mind over matter and all that. If you think it works, it could be placebo effect. But I just don't think this actually relieves any sort of stress, to be honest.


Lip swatch of "Chill Out", complete w/ nasty lip wound cropped out.


Rise & Shine


Here's the second of the two specialty glosses and the one I was interested in. It is a clear base w/ glitter flecks that appear almost rainbow, but seem to mostly shine green, orange, and pink. This gloss is super pretty but has a very strong scent. It smells like burnt coffee and mint to me. It is supposed to be coffee scented and I guess, yeah, it smells like coffee but I really don't like the smell of this. "Infused w/ mood altering elixir," "Rise & Shine" is an energizing lip gloss. However, I don't think wearing this gloss is going to wake you up any more than any other lip gloss. Of course, mind over matter and all that. If you think it works, it could be placebo effect. This was the gloss I was most excited for but I really can't stand the smell and I don't think it really does anything other than be a gloss.


Here's a lip swatch of "Rise & Shine".


Finally, hand swatches. The first one is in focus and the second one is blurry to show the sparkle a bit better.





To wrap it up, I really like the Glossaholic gloss formulas and all of the pretty glitter pieces in them. But I think that these specific glosses are a bit of a rip-off. You're better off buying the regular glosses because I don't really think they do what they claim. The colorful Glossaholics are amazing but these are just a bit of a waste of cash. If you're interested, I would say to check them out because they do make a pretty topcoat, but don't expect them to actually wake you up or relax you.
 

Followers

Blogger news

Follow Girl, Uninterrupted

Most Reading