Physicians Formula Eye Booster™ 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum Review

26 August 2011



As I'm sure anyone who has been browsing this blog knows, this is my favorite liquid liner. I never really liked using liquid liner because, to be quite honest, I was horrible at applying it. I could never get a nice fluid line - I loved the look of liquid liner, but I was just clumsy at applying it. Then, I discovered the L'Oreal Lineur Intense and the Maybelline Line Stiletto® liners and started liking liquid liners a lot more. Pen style liners are easier to use in general, but the flexible tips of these two liners make liquid liner something you could apply in your sleep.

Then I found this liner. This liner also contains a lash boosting serum and, while I'm not 100% sure how well this works as a lash growth product, I will say that my lashes do look a bit longer and seem healthier in general.

For more liner swatches and information and general craziness, click here for my MASSIVE eyeliner extravaganza post!

Admittedly, you don't get a lot of product. This liner is between $10-$11 depending on where you find it and you're getting about 0.05mL of liner. This comes in three shades, a black/brown, black, and an "Ultra Black". I only ever use "blackest blacks" and "deep blacks" for liners, so the color I have is the last; the "Ultra Black". Physicians Formula's website states:

Description

  • High-tech formula enhances the appearance of lashes while providing the instant definition of a liquid eyeliner, in one easy step!
  • Lash Boosting complex targets the base of lashes where it is most effective.
  • Innovative and easy to use eyelining tool delivers effortless definition.
  • High-tech Japanese formula is long-wearing, water-resistant and smudge-resistant.
  • Hypoallergenic. Fragrance free. Paraben free. Dermatologist approved. Safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers."


This liner is brilliant. I tend to not like brush tip applicators, so when I first got it, I was thinking, "Oh, great, this was a waste." But this is the finest brush tip I've seen. Whereas most liquid liners have a more blunt-cut brush applicator, this one comes to a super fine point.



The other thing is that the brush doesn't flare out. Even after using it everyday for three months now, the applicator does not splay out like other liner brushes have. It stays pointy and compact, which I admit, I was surprised about. This liner is water resistant, not waterproof, which means it can break down if I've been sweating a lot. It also got a bit runny when I saw HP7 PT2 because I totally cried. But if you're not sweating or crying (and let's face it, who wants to do that anyway!?) this is a pretty long wearing liner.

I have experienced slight flaking w/ this liner, probably about five to six hours in. I've also noticed this has a bit of a whiteboard effect - when you try to reapply it, it can take off the underlying eyeliner. Also, it is not the blackest liner. The Maybelline one I loved is much blacker. That being said, the applicator is possibly one of the easiest ones I've found. You can get a super thin line, a nice wing, a nice thick line, whatever you want. And the brush tip applies the product so fluid and smooth that it seems worth it to wear all the time.

As far as the lash growth serum claims...I'm Asian (shocker, I know) and I have the typical short stick-straight lashes. I am always on the look for lash growth products. I've tried everything short of getting expensive serums or a prescription and I actually think this might work a bit. I've noticed that my lashes have appeared to be a bit longer and definitely healthier looking. I'm also losing less lashes. Plus, and this is going to be odd, but I have found random hairs growing along where I typically line my eyes...right above my lashline. Yeah, when I pluck my eyebrows, I have to pluck near my lashes as well, because random little hairs have been sprouting up!





That last swatch is after five hours. As you can see, it can start to flake. Some people won't like this, and I'm definitely not a fan, but the ease of application and the eyelash benefits are why I keep reaching for this liner.
 

Followers

Blogger news

Follow Girl, Uninterrupted

Most Reading