Colour Prevails First Impressions - Nail Polish!

12 July 2015

I want to start out this post by stating that I am a total nail polish amateur; I love the stuff and I buy it frequently BUT I am horrible at upkeep and application. So apologies in advance for my sloppy swatches! That being said I love trying out new lines, especially at drugstores. This range is upper level drugstore or masstige; prices are on the higher end of affordable. These polishes are $8 per bottle, which puts them at an Essie or OPI level, when you consider these bottles hold less product.

I always feel guilty when I buy brands that aren't sold at Ulta; I can justify my makeup hoarding by saying it's "product education" but I can't do that when we don't sell the brand!! :D That being said, my curiosity got the better of me and I splurged. I actually intended on only purchasing the cream polish in "All Nighter" but I love glitters and I loved the name of the second one; "Mr. Wrong", and I couldn't hold myself back! The Colour Prevails range is pretty substantial, featuring face, eyes, and lip products, along with the nail polishes, but as of right now I've only tried the polishes.

FTC Disclaimer: I purchased these products myself. I'm not affiliated with this company, nor am I sponsored nor being compensated in any form for this post. My opinions are, as always, my own.




  • These polishes are available only at Walgreens.
  • They are $8 for 0.32 fl oz/9.5 ml; a bottle of OPI polish is about $9.50 for 15 ml.
  • The handles on the bottles were specially designed to be ergonomic and easy to use by the creator, Nonie Cream (high fashion manicurist and creative mind behind butter London). You can read more about that here!
  • The polishes are five-free (no DBP, Toluene, Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resin or Camphor.)
  • This polish evens out nicely (I didn't have patchiness or streaking) and it dries pretty fast.
  • I needed three coats for maximum opacity.
  • This particular glitter was much less textured than I thought it would be; I only needed two coats of top coat to make my nails completely smooth.
  • Even without top coat the polish dried shiny.










I literally purchased these polishes yesterday so this is DEFINITELY not a review. I don't often do nail polish reviews, but I'll post an update review once I've had a chance to wear these for a while! So far I've been impressed by the finish and dry time.


Have you tried these polishes? How do you like them?
 

Followers

Blogger news

Follow Girl, Uninterrupted

Most Reading