Etude House Dear My Enamel Lips-Talk REVIEW

10 December 2016

Korean beauty is all the rage lately and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere or slowing down any time soon, so I figured what better way to make a come back to blogging by jumping on that bandwagon! I picked up two of these lipsticks in Chinatown in Chicago, and of course they're old, discontinued shades BUT the formulas are the same, so I'm running under the assumption that the new and current formulas and shades are pretty much the same product as well. I will try to locate bother of these lip colors on the internet for purchase but I can't guarantee that I will be able to find any legit sellers or whatnot. If you live in the Chicago area, I would suggest just going straight to Chinatown and if you do not, I suggest looking up reviews of the sites and whatnot. I didn't order these online, and I don't necessarily know how legitimate any of the sellers I might find are, nor do I want anyone getting scammed!!

Etude House is, from what I can determine, a pretty popular and relatively affordably priced (in Korea!) trendy makeup line. I am Korean, but I don't speak or read a lick of the language so I'm really not sure what exactly the packaging says, but luckily they have a English site now! I paid $16 per lipstick in person, which is much more expensive than it is on their site so go me. :( Anyway, if you want to learn more about these particular lippies, click the jump.



Product Rundown

What is is || Etude House Dear My Enamel Lips-Talk lipstick.
Description || With the hybrid of moisturizing effects and beautiful vivid colors, the Enamel Lips Talk will leave your lips dead-skin-free and smooth for a long time.
Price || I paid $16 in a beauty shop, but these retail online for $11.34 on Etude House and $11.97 on Amazon.
Size || 3.4 g/0.11 oz.
Where to buy || Amazon and Etude House (they don't have a great shade range; it looks like this line is being phased out).
Initial thoughts || I'm normally a SUPER MATTE LIP girl; anything glossy usually freaks me out because it WILL end up on my teeth, no matter how careful I am or if I pair it with a lipliner or primer but I actually really liked this formula. It wears decently well, maintains its shine, and stays put. It's also hydrating and comfortable.
Would I repurchase? || Yes.
Who this is good for? || If you have drier lips or like a little shine with your lip products but still want decent payoff and wear time, this is a good lipstick. Even if you have issues with lipsticks and glosses travelling around your lip line, you might still really enjoy this particular product.
Ingredients || Diisostearyl Malate, Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Polyethylene, Microcrystalline Wax, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Octyldodecanol, Hydroxyapatite, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Red 6 (Ci 15850), Fragrance, Red 7 (Ci 15850), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Honey Extract. (Exact ingredients will vary slight from shade to shade!)

IMG_8084

IMG_8098

IMG_8037

IMG_8364

IMG_8363
"BE101".

IMG_8099

IMG_8361

IMG_8360
"PK007".

As you can tell, the packaging is slightly different with these two lipsticks. I'm guessing that the cute pink packaging with the little bow is older, since the sleeker one is the one pictured on the site. I have two shades; BE101, which is more of a light nude pink as opposed to a true beige, and PK007, which is a brighter, deeper blue fuchsia pink color. The beige color is the first one that I picked up and I fell in love with both the color and the lipstick itself. Also, this is such a little thing, but I love the shape of the bullet and the metal tube. If this were housed and cut like a traditional lipstick, it's so soft that it would grind against the tube until all of the product was wasted, so this was super smart on their part.

I get the usual amount of wear time from these, and they fade gracefully and don't get weird or patchy looking. They stay super comfortable the entire time and glide on the lips. The brighter shade feels a tiny bit more sticky and less slick than the beige color, so I'm not sure if there's a slight ingredient difference or what. There is a faint fruity smell, but no taste, and the scent doesn't linger long. The pink shade stains my lips a little and also seems to have slightly less pigmentation than the pinky nude, which is super creamy and a little slippery, but which is also super opaque in one application.

Overall I quite enjoy these and I didn't think I would. Typically lipsticks that feel a little slippery and have a lot of shine are not my cup of tea, but the staying power of these is actually quite impressive. I'm a bit disappointed that it appears this particular formula is being discontinued because I quite like these and would definitely pick up more!

I will say that as far as the, uh, dead skin claim goes, these are not exfoliating and while they feel hydrating, they don't replace a good lip oil or balm for me! :D

IMG_8386

IMG_8385
Bare lips.

IMG_8371

IMG_8370
"BE101."

IMG_8373

IMG_8374
"PK007."

IMG_8367
With flash. L-R: "BE101" and "PK007".

IMG_8368
No flash, natural daylight. L-R: "BE101" and "PK007".
 

Followers

Blogger news

Follow Girl, Uninterrupted

Most Reading