Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio in Green Eyes Review

16 August 2011

Physicians Formula was always one of those brands that never interested me. They had some decent face products, but everything seemed more geared towards achieving a natural look or it just had too much shimmer. I was always turned off by many of their bronzers because of the shimmer. Plus I'm just not a big "face" person. I love blush, don't get me wrong, but Physicians Formula is also more expensive than most other drugstore brands. While they're geared towards healthy skin and natural looking products, $12 for a face powder was just more than I liked.

That being said, they've been introducing a lot of new lines, like the Happy Booster™ powders, which are pretty, smell great, and look amazing. Also, the Eye Booster™ 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum is my go-to liquid liner. The Organic Wear® Line is a super cool concept, especially for drugstore makeup. But the best product line they've come out w/ so far is the Shimmer Strips collection for the different eye colors. This is going to be a review on the pencil trio for green eyes.



I have the gel liner trio for green eyes, which looks exactly like this trio, so you can pretty much decide which formulation you like better - gel or pencil. The trio comes w/ an army-ish green, a violet w/ definite blue undertones, and the best black. Why is it the best black? Well, it's not the blackest black but it does come w/ flecks of green micro-glitter! Anyway, according to Physicians Formula:

  • The perfect set of three eyeliners to enhance your eye color and provide glamorous definition!

  • Long-wearing, water-resistant and smudge-resistant formula for 24-Hour wear.

  • Hypoallergenic. Fragrance free. Paraben free. Dermatologist approved. Safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers."

Now, because of the glitter, I don't necessarily recommend wearing the black liner on the waterline. Of course, I have, but that's just me! Also, people say that you shouldn't wear waterproof eyeliner on your waterline also. I must have eyes of steel, because I've never had issues, BUT I am not you, so use at your own discretion!

These liners last a long time. Once they set, it's pretty hard getting them off. As w/ most liners, they last less in my waterline. I really like these liners. I liked the gel cream liners and these are just much more convenient. These are automatic liners though, so if you're super money conscious, the gel cream liners are going to be the better deal for you. Plus, I don't really like pencil liner to begin w/, except in my waterline. So while I like these, and they're probably easier to use for many people, I prefer the gel cream liners to these.

The green really isn't my kind of green, but it's still nice to have. It's the purple that I really like - it's a darker purple w/ a blue tone to it, almost a duo-chrome. The black, of course, is amazing. Plus, the fact that this liner set is about $10 in most drugstores AND you get three liners? Killer!







 

Followers

Blogger news

Follow Girl, Uninterrupted

Most Reading