Yves Saint Laurent ROUGE VOLUPTÉ Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick SPF 15 Review

08 August 2011

Have you ever gotten into a rut before? I often feel this way. Lately I've been making a lot of posts on cheap makeup - Wet N Wild, e.l.f., and Maybelline. I love drugstore makeup and I love cheap stuff, but I don't plan on being the type of blog that only talks drugstore, ya know? So here's a different direction - this is going to be a review on the Yves Saint Laurent ROUGE VOLUPTÉ lipstick in "01 Nude Beige".

This lipstick retails at Sephora, Yves Saint Laurent counters, and at YSL's website for $34. Yeah. That's a lot for a lipstick, I know. And since we're all aware that this is one expensive lipstick, I'm not going to be mentioning that in the actual review because, well, it's really bloody expensive, and if you don't have the money, you just don't have the money.

That being said, let's get on w/ this review.







Not even going to lie - part of this is because of the packaging. It's so amazing looking. It also looks incredibly heavy but it wasn't as heavy as I expected. This is some seriously gorgeous packaging though... :)

Sephora's website had this to say:

What it is:
An extremely smooth and creamy lipstick with a formula that transforms into a fluid veil of radiant color when it touches the lips.

What it does:
One of these Yves Saint Laurent ROUGE VOLUPTÉ Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick SPF 15 is sure to be your new signature color: they're sensual, radiant, and strong. With shades that drench the lips with densely pigmented color and a unique color-shine complex, lips are visibly smoothed, plumped, and radiant with luminous satin color.

What else you need to know:
It's made with a long-lasting and highly comfortable formula that contains SPF 15."

This lipstick smells so good...it smells like watermelon candy. It goes on super smooth and has a slight glossy finish. It also feels moisturizing. Yves Saint Laurent's website has something different to say:

An object of desire, this award-winning lipstick is wrapped in a romantic, elegant gold case that exudes luxury. Each signature shade saturates lips in captivating color that’s intensely pigmented, and imparts an irresistible glossy shine. The long-lasting, comforting formula is highlighted with a unique Color-shine Complex that leaves lips visibly smoother, plumper and more radiant. Light, silky texture smoothes on a veil of satiny, sensual color that’s altogether alluring . Companion mirror on top of case ensures easy application any time. SPF 15."

There are 30 shades available. This has 0.14 oz or 4g of lipstick. This is more than both MAC (0.10 oz) and NARS (0.12 oz) but both lipsticks are much cheaper - MAC costs $14.50 and NARS is $24. This is INTENSELY pigmented. The shade I have ("01 Nude Beige") is described as a creamy neutral beige. It is a pinky nude...or rather a pink w/ beige undertones. I like the formula of this lipstick - it's very creamy and glossy and feels good on the lips.

Two problems. One being the color. This lipstick is SO pigmented that it looks garish on my lips. I have to wear this either super blotted and toned down or w/ a lip gloss. It also likes to gather in the fine lines of my mouth.





So while I love the formula of this lipstick, this particular color is not the best choice for me. And even though the packaging is beautiful, these lipsticks are a bit too pricy for me. I recommend them if you have the extra money to spend. I do like this color w/ other products, I just can't wear it alone.
 

Followers

Blogger news

Follow Girl, Uninterrupted

Most Reading