Physicians Formula Organic wear® 100% Natural Origin Mascara Review

11 July 2011

I am a mascara junkie. It's the one beauty product I always have on hand and, ironically, is usually the one beauty product I frequently forget to apply. That being said, it's also one of the few products that I'll wear alone. I hardly ever wear foundations and powders and sometimes I'll go w/o eyeshadow but I'll still wear mascara! I have the typical stick straight, sparse, full-o'-sadness Asian lashes. They are similar to my hair in the sense of they hate being curled. For me, a good mascara is one that holds a curl and in my lashes, that is rare.

But since my lashes are so hard to please, when I find a mascara that both lengthens and thickens, I keep it around, even if it's not so great at holding a curl because even wax-based waterproof mascaras do not prevent my lashes from pointing straight down in ten minutes.

This is going to be a review on the Physicians Formula Physicians Formula Organic wear® 100% Natural Origin Mascara. This product has been out for a while and I've always been interested in trying it, but I could never convince myself to do so. This product is around $9 at drugstores.



According to Physicians Formula's website, this mascara is:


  • 100% Free of Harsh Chemicals, Synthetic Preservatives, Parabens, Clumping, Smudging, Flaking, Fibers & Dyes.
  • 100% Recyclable Eco-Brush defines each lash with ultra-soft plastic bristles.
  • Revolutionary 100% Natural Origin formula contains the purest ingredients and provides 5x Lash Boosting for lash length, volume & definition naturally.
  • Hypoallergenic. Safe for Sensitive Eyes and Contact Lens Wearers."


I really like the idea behind the Organic wear® line. Even though it could be a lot more natural, it's great seeing more Earth-friendly products in the drugstore. I actually had a $4 off coupon, so this mascara was only $4! I am not a huge fan of rubber bristle mascara wands but this one isn't bad. It's shaped like the Maybelline One By One mascara which I love. However, the Maybelline one is good for definition and length, but not so much for volume.



I liked this mascara quite a bit. I noticed both volume and length but not a lot of curling action. Again, since I have such finicky lashes, when I find a mascara that does at least two things, it's a keeper in my book. I really like the Shimmer Strips mascaras, so maybe PF just has decent formulas. I have it in Ultra Black and it is pretty dark. Not as black as L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black, but pretty close. This mascara has a very interesting smell. I know it's weird talking about mascara scents, but some mascaras (L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes, I'm lookin' at YOU!) have a strong perfume scent or a really strong wax scent, which I can't stand.

Yeah, it's strange but, next to Too Faced Lash Injection (which smells like citrus), this mascara doesn't smell bad to me, haha. And I think the packaging is really damn cute. All in all, I really like this mascara and I recommend it to everyone, especially if you're interested in more organic type beauty products. Physicians Formula does not test on animals.

FYI - I would definitely wait for a sale to pick this up. You can often find this brand 40% or BOGO50% and if you get a coupon too, you can save a decent amount!
 

Followers

Blogger news

Follow Girl, Uninterrupted

Most Reading