N.Y.C. Liquid Lip Shine Review

01 February 2013

OMG. I know, I know, I am actually posting a blog. And, for the love of all things unholy and fattening, we're going to GET THIS BLOG POSTED TODAY (the first of February, if you were curious!) Okay, so I have been ridiculously, insanely, hellaciously busy with school. And I'm trying to get to the point where I can get a post up every three days, but we'll see how well THAT goes. Thanks to everyone who reads and comes back for more and stuff. Not to, you know, pimp my own blog, but you should follow it on Google if you like the content and the long-ass reviews I tend to post, haha. It tells you when I've updated, so that's pretty cool when I suck at regularly updating!

Anyway, this is going to be a review on a product that has been around since I was a small child and that would be the N.Y.C. Liquid Lip Shine gloss. I have two colors to share today and they're both on the nude side. I received one through the Influenster VoxBox program and the other I had purchased when they first repackaged their glosses. I know there are three glosses in the opening pic; the top one is the old packaging and formula, just for a quick comparison! I talked a bit about Influenster and how it works here and I did an unboxing video and blog on the Holiday VoxBox 2012 right here, so if you're curious, there be linkage!

FTC Disclaimer: The "Nude York City" lip gloss was sent to me by the website Influenster for testing and review purposes. I am not being paid or compensated in any way for this review, I am not affiliated w/ N.Y.C., and, as always, my reviews are 100% honest and entirely my own opinion.




Now, according to N.Y.C., this gloss is supposed to:

Have you heard the gossip? There’s a new gloss in town! NYC New York Color Liquid Lip Shine is getting headlines with seriously high-drama color at a seriously low price. Pure pigments give a 3-D effect that’s off-the-charts glossy. Tons of hot new shades, from preppy nudes to bold statement hues – all for less than your weekly fashion magazine.

BENEFITS

  • Pure pigments, 3D-effect shine
  • Lips feel moisturized
  • Creamy and soft texture
  • Non-sticky

KEY INGREDIENTS

  • Vitamin E formula provides shine and moisturizing feel"

I have this gloss in two shades; "575 Brighton Beach Peach" and "582 Nude York City" and they're both nudes with a frosty shimmer to them. I also have the clear one, but who the fuck wants to see pictures and swatches of clear gloss, right? This is a pretty good gloss. It's super cheap, readily available. I, personally, don't mind the scent, although some people do. If you purchased this gloss way back when it was still packaged in the square tubes that look similar to the Chanel Glossimer glosses, then you know what it smells like - they did make slight improvements to the formula BUT the scent is still the same. I'm not even quite sure how to describe it, haha.


The old wand was just a regular doe-foot applicator but the new applicator is really nice. It's long and wide on one side and thinner when you turn it. It's also really flexible and I feel like it applies the gloss faster and more evenly, so the applicator is definitely win.


Here's the wide side of the applicator. I feel like it spreads the gloss more evenly and much faster than the doe-foot. You can actually get product on this applicator, which you had to constantly re-dip with the previous one.


And here is the thinner side.

I never really find glosses to be super hydrating; I don't think they penetrate my lips enough. So I can't really speak to that part, but I do like the formula. It's a non-sticky gloss, that is true, but the texture of the gloss is thick. It feels thicker on your mouth and seems to smooth over lines quite nicely. You don't get gross gloss strands when you separate your lips, but because the texture is on the thicker, more vinyl side, it does last a decent amount of time for a gloss. Not excellent, because glosses don't ever stay on too long for me, but I get a solid hour or so of wear.

My one complaint is that all of these glosses, except for the clear one, have this frosty sheen to them. They're all frosty and shimmery finishes! And I prefer cream finishes. So this is a bummer. Maybe if I were 12 still, then I'd dig it. But there's enough pigment that it does show up pretty light on my lips...and then it's frosty too. Sorry, New Jersey, I really don't mean to be stealing your look. And the second thing is that the pigmentation isn't that great. "Nude York City" shows up like a frosty sheen and "Brighton Beach Peach" is a light frosty sheen.

Overall I would recommend these glosses. I love the applicator and the texture and these glosses feel nice on the lips and don't fade off strangely or unpleasantly. The scent doesn't bug me and they're so cheap you might as well!


"Nude York City".


"Brighton Beach Peach".


From L-R: "Brighton Beach Peach" and "Nude York City".
 

Followers

Blogger news

Follow Girl, Uninterrupted

Most Reading