Circa Beauty First Impressions - Eyeshadow Trio & Lipsticks!

12 July 2015

I have another Walgreens exclusive first impressions post for y'all! Circa Beauty is another "masstige" brand, sold only at Walgreens, similar to the Colour Prevails range (I posted about a couple nail polishes here). It's a pretty complete range for being so new; consisting of a decent selection of face, eyes, and lip products.

I opted to pick up three things because this brand is on the pricier side of drugstore; the shadow trio is $12 and the lipsticks are $10 each. This is not a full review; I've only had these for about three day now, but I will be posting an update and more comprehensive review after I've had a chance to fully play with these products!

FTC Disclaimer: I purchased these products with my own money. I am not affiliated with this company, nor am I being sponsored or compensated for this post. My opinions are, as always, my own.





IMG_2952






  • The Color Focus Eyeshadow Palettes retail for $12 each, at Walgreens.
  • All of the color options are natural in appearance.
  • The packaging is rather nice and weighty and reminds me of art deco or The Great Gatsby.
  • Comes with a double ended sponge tip/brush applicator.
  • Shadows don't seem to be overly soft or powdery.
  • The texture is more on the dry side. The shimmery shades in the trio apply okay on bare skin but the matte brown has sketchy pigmentation and is a bit patchy. These shadows DEFINITELY benefit from a primer or base.
  • Over a primer these shadows were decently pigmented and blended easily.


Quick eye look, over primer. I did throw a tiny bit of black shadow in my outer corners to deepen it up a bit. Please ignore that annoying blob of mascara on my left eye, ugh.












Top: "Audrey" and Bottom: "Elizabeth"

  • The Color Absolute Velvet Luxe retail for $10 each, at Walgreens.
  • The packaging is rather nice and weighty and reminds me of art deco or The Great Gatsby.
  • Applies creamy and smooth.
  • Dries down to a demi-matte, velvety finish that starts to feel a tiny bit uncomfortable after about an hour.
  • Pigmentation is rich and the two colors I picked up are cream finishes with no shimmer.
  • The color swatch on the bottom of the tube accurately represents the color in the tube which is AWESOME.
  • There is a scent to the lipsticks; it reminds me of the L’OrĂ©al Colour Riche® Extraordinaire glosses; kind of fruity and floral all at once. I don't mind it personally, but I can see how it would bother others. I recommend smelling the testers before purchasing.
Lipstick in "Audrey", in natural light. Lipstick in "Elizabeth", in natural light.

Have you tried any Circa Beauty products? Any recommendations for me?
 

Followers

Blogger news

Follow Girl, Uninterrupted

Most Reading