'butter LONDON Lippy Tinted Balm in Axis Rose REVIEW

31 August 2013

So, I feel like it has been forever and a day since I have blogged. Which is probably quite true. :/ I am going to try and post some smaller reviews, including the rest of my WNW posts, omg, but before I get to those, I want to get this one up because this product is fairly new and ridiculously exciting. On butter LONDON's Instagram, they had been posting teaser photos of their new cosmetics line for a while now, but I wasn't sure if I actually wanted to pick anything up. This brand is pretty pricy. When I saw the teaser pics for this particular product, I had no intention of picking anything up! $20 is pretty expensive for a lipstick, especially when I like plenty of the drugstore options, especially from Maybelline and Revlon.

But when I swatched them in Ulta (pretty sure this is an Ulta exclusive right now but you can also purchase online from BL's website), I absolutely had to buy it.



The moment I swatched this product and looked at the name, I was sold. This product retails for $20 in Ulta stores and at butter's website. There are six different shades to choose from. Now, this is a tinted lip balm. And if you've been following my blog for any length of time, you know that I am picky as HELL when it comes to my tinted lip balms. This balm is seriously fantastic and I plan on picking up at least two more of these!

The actual butter LONDON site doesn't have much to say about the product, just this little blurb:

Medium coverage punchy pink crème. A little smooch of rock n' roll."

I went to Ulta's website and they have a much better description!

Lippy Tinted Balm by Butter London has the moisture of a lip balm and the finish & colour of your favorite lipstick. Six subtle shades highlight the glow of every skin tone, and are the ultimate beauty secret for the woman-on-the-go.

Creamy texture. Sheer formula glides on with ease. Highly wearable shades. Buildable colour. Hydrating formula rich in avocado, mango seed, cocoa, and shea butter."

For those who are interested, here is the ingredients list:

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Silica, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Octyldodecanol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Tricaprylin, Isocetyl Stearate, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Butter, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glyceride (and) Hydrogenated Palm Glyceride, Beeswax (Cera Alba), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cera Carnauba, Cera Microcrystallina, Triisostearyl Citrate, Orbignya Oleifera (Babassu) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Parfum. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985)."

Price-point aside, this lippy is awesome! It goes on buttery smooth (see what I did there?) and has a vanilla scent and taste. The product is thick and moisturizing feeling and not sticky OR slick and greasy. When it wears off, my lips don't feel drier, like they do with lip butters and products along that line. And they pack a serious tint. This is pretty much a medium coverage amazing feeling lipstick. The shade I have, "Axis Rose" is a gorgeous rosy warm pink and it perks up my complexion and actually shows up on my lips. I get a decent wear-time, probably about three hours, depending on my activity level. Also, these don't wear off my lips unevenly, which is a problem I have with the Revlon Lip Butters, which tend to wear off the center part of my lip and leave that horrible ring around your mouth! Overall, I recommend checking these lippies out!

My one complaint is the packaging. The product is pretty soft and creamy and would have probably been better in a pot. The bullet is already loose in the tube and when you apply it, the product grinds away at the sides. I'm going to depot this and just use it with my fingers or a lip brush. That being said, I still really like this product.


Oh man. I didn't realize how bad those swatches were until I actually posted this. I don't have a memory card for my camera right now, so I've been stuck with my phone. Normally it's not bad, but this was rough. I look super stoned in this photo, but I assure you I am not. Hopefully this is better!



 

Followers

Blogger news

Follow Girl, Uninterrupted

Most Reading