Maybelline Eye Studio® Color Tattoo™ Metal REVIEW (Barely Branded and Gold Rush)

10 June 2013

Okay, so this is obvious proof as to how damn far behind I am...curse you, hockey! Anyway, I picked up these two cream shadows way back when they first came out...I know, I know, long frickin' time ago, right? Well, better late than never? Haha, yeah, that's what I tell myself to sleep at night. ANYWHO, I was terribly interested in this new line of Color Tattoo products from Maybelline. I did a review on the whole line when they first came out (there are ten permanent shades in the regular collection and I have all of them) which you can read at the link. And if you've already read that post, then you know I really like these things!

Since I do have a full blog post on these products and how they function, etc, I'm not going to go way into depth explaining that stuff here. I have a couple of the limited edition shades and they all function very similar to each other, to be honest. There are definitely textural differences, depending on the finishes and the color payoff also varies. It's that kind of thing I'll talk about here. So I'd just like to say that these wear like iron on me, do not crease, smudge, or budge, and make excellent color bases.

Now that we have that jazz out of the way, let's go!



The two shades I have here are in the Metal collection. This collection has five shades in total and is merched with the rest of the shadows. You can get these at most drugstores and I've seen them anywhere from $5.99 to $7.99, depending on where you go. Places like Ulta and CVS will be more expensive than, say, Walmart or Target BUT Ulta has great sales and coupons, and CVS has the best drugstore rewards program out of the bunch, so it might be more worth it to purchase them there. ;) According to Maybelline:

Dare to shine 24/7.

  • Ink technology creates 24HR wear shadow for our most intense, long-lasting color saturation
  • Cream formula glides on without creasing and keeps color vibrant
  • Smooth, Bold Metallic Shades
  • 24HR wear cream gel formula for smooth application"

Out of the five shades in this collection, only three really interested me. The blue and the pink are nice, but not really my kind of colors, ya know? I had read a couple of reviews prior to my actual purchase, and it seemed like the silver one had a really patchy payoff so I decided to just get two out of the three.

Gold Rush
There IS a gold shade in the regular line but it's more of an antique sort of gold. It's less bright and yellow and looks less metallic when applied to the skin. This builds up okay, but the color takes a bit of work to get it to look nice; it has a tendency to look rather streaky and patchy. I'll use it since I own it, but I won't be running out to pick up backups, nor would I recommend it unless you're looking for this exact color.




Barely Branded
This is the only one I recommend, for sure, especially if you like neutral eye makeup. It's a pretty typical shade - shimmery light beige, but it's one of the better quality cream shadows out there, especially in the drugstore. I have gotten a ton of use out of this product and I definitely suggest checking it out!



 

Followers

Blogger news

Follow Girl, Uninterrupted

Most Reading