Exuviance Sheer Daily Protector; the best sunscreen I've ever tried (REVIEW)

29 July 2015



Let's talk about skincare today. I don't often do this because I consider myself to be a skincare n00b. In fact, I admit; I was TERRIBLE at taking care of my skin when I was a teenager. I broke every skincare rule in the books; I slept in my makeup, I didn't moisturize, and I never wore sunscreen. Now that I'm 27, skincare suddenly seems crucially important. I invested in a Clarisonic. I'm diligent about cleaning my makeup off. And I wear a daily SPF. Exuviance is a brand that I never had access to until working at Ulta. I'd heard of some of the bigger brands, such as Mario Badescu, Dermalogica, Philosophy, and Murad, but this was a new line to me.

Exuviance is a skincare line created by two doctors who are widely considered to be leaders in the field of cosmetic dermatology and who also patented the first glycolic peel. This sounds like the type of line for me! One of my biggest issues, and the main reason why I never wore sunscreen much as a teen, is the feel of sunscreen. It's usually that thick, white goop that has a strong smell and leaves that grayish cast on your skin and takes forever to sink into your skin. The other thing is that sunscreen should be reapplied every few hours...and let's be real here - who is going to do their makeup and then rub sunscreen all over their face in a couple of hours?

No one. That's who. Enter the Exuviance Sheer Daily Protector Broad Spectrum SPF 50 PA++++! (Speaking of "enter", if this is the type of product you think you'd be interested in trying out and you live in the US, definitely enter the Exuviance GIVEAWAY! 25 lucky people will win one of these babies...and this sunscreen retails for $42!)

FTC Disclaimer: I purchased this product from Ulta with my own money. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of my employer. I am not receiving monetary or physical compensation for this post. It IS in conjunction with Brandbacker, which anyone can sign up for and take part in. My integrity is very important to me - I would not have chosen to make this post if I did not enjoy this product.






Product Rundown

Description || This Triple Antiaging fluid provides sheer mineral UVA/UVB protection against photodamage and Multi-Antioxidants to help neutralize environmental damage.

  • Sheer mineral UVA/UVB protection enhances natural skin tone
  • Broad spectrum SPF 50 protects against photodamage, the primary cause of signs of aging
  • PA++++ highest level of UVA protection
  • Multi-Antioxidants help neutralize environmental damage
  • Green Tea Extract helps protect cellular DNA for healthy skin
  • Virtually invisible universal tint smoothes imperfections and helps even tone

Colors || One sheer tint.
Price || $42.
Size || 50 mL/1.7 fl oz.
Where to buy || NeoStrata and Ulta.
Initial thoughts || The best thing about this product is the sheer texture and easy blendability. This sunscreen sinks in rather quickly and the sheer tint helps even out my skintone and allows me to skip the base products...which means that I do actually reapply this sunscreen periodically, without fear of disturbing previous makeup application. This makes the Sheer Daily Protector the perfect product for my beach bag!
Would I repurchase? || Definitely, especially during the summer months.
Ingredients || Active ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 7.0%, Zinc Oxide 6.0%. Inactive ingredients: Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Isododecane, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Gluconolactone, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Alumina, Ammonium Hydroxide, Lactobionic Acid, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Phenethyl Benzoate, Nylon-12, Tocopheryl (Vitamin E) Acetate, Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCG), Polyhydroxystearic Acid, thylhexylglycerin, Isohexadecane, Tocopherol, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Dipropylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Magnesium Sulfate, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Citrate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Bisulfite, Phenoxyethanol, CI 77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide Black).

Some more quick hits from Exuviance:

This weightless fluid blends effortlessly on clean skin, or layered under makeup in a daily skincare routine. Broad spectrum SPF 50 protects against photodamage, the primary cause of signs of aging. An ultra-fine transparent mineral sunscreen in a virtually invisible universal tint smoothes imperfections and helps natural skin tone appear more even. Multi-Antioxidants Vitamin E and Lactobionic Acid fortify skin’s natural defense, scavenging free radicals brought on by daily environmental aggressors before they can cause premature aging. A PHA/Bionic complex helps prevent collagen breakdown to maintain a healthy skin matrix and firmness, and helps prevent signs of photoaging such as lines and wrinkles. A highly purified and concentrated form of Green Tea Extract reduces cell breakdown and helps protect cellular DNA for healthy skin. PA++++ highest level of UVA protection. Suitable for all skin types. Product is fragrance-free, paraben-free and oil-free as well as non-acnegenic, non-comedogenic.

Did you know? Sunscreens provide protection from ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun. The Sun Protection Factor (SPF) is a measurement of how much protection the sunscreen offers from the UVB rays that cause sunburn. The Protection Grade of UVA (PA) ranking refers to the amount of protection the sunscreen offers from the UVA rays that cause skin aging and other skin damage. PA rankings are listed from a ‘+’ signifying low protection to ‘++++’ for the highest protection. It is important to protect the skin across the UVA and UVB spectrum to help prevent sunburn and decrease the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. Exuviance Sheer Daily Protector provides protection from both UVA and UVB rays with the highest protection grade of PA ++++ and an SPF 50.

This sunscreen contains a mix of mineral based sunscreens; titanium dioxide and zinc oxide are the active ingredients. This is great news for those who have a sensitivity to chemical sunscreens such as octinoxate and oxybenzone and are generally quite mild and unlikely to cause skin irritation. Despite the high levels of titanium and zinc (zinc oxide and titanium dioxide work primarily by reflecting and scattering UV rays), this sunscreen has relatively little flashback in camera.

The tint is one of those universal ones; sheer enough to blend in and work with all, but I would say you'll see the most skintone evening effects if you fall in the light to medium range. This wouldn't even be considered light coverage by any means but for summer time use, this sunscreen provides just enough for me to throw on some concealer and hop out the door. I've been using this plus my BM Well-Rested powder and transparent mineral veil alone on repeat, even to work, and I like the way it appears and the way it wears. I've had no issues reapplying more sunscreen over the powders either; I think this is too sheer and fluid to get cakey.

This sunscreen will need to be shaken up; it is quite fluid and feels invisible on the skin. It sinks in rapidly and doesn't feel greasy or look dewy. You can use this alone like I do, or you can use it under makeup, which I have also done - it doesn't feel like you're wearing a ton of base products when you layer this.

Even though I was incredibly lackadaisical with my skin as a teen, this product has quickly become an important step in protecting my skin and helping me to cling to my nearly lost youth for as long as possible. Also, you know, I don't want skin cancer or premature wrinkles either.

Overall, I'm quite pleased with this sunscreen. It's one of my favorite lazy day products to wear when I'm out and about and even though it's pricy (I work at Ulta so my discount reduces the OUCH factor a teeny bit) I've liked this sunscreen the best out of the many that I've tried, both for appearance and also consistency. I definitely recommend this sunscreen if you're looking for a decent facial sunscreen, especially one that is fragrance, oil, paraben, and cruelty free! And do check out the contest NeoStrata has right now!

IMG_3193

IMG_3197

IMG_3201
Natural lighting and no flash!

 

Followers

Blogger news

Follow Girl, Uninterrupted

Most Reading