March 2014 Ipsy Bag! First Impressions

20 March 2014

So, this was the first month I received the Ipsy subscription. I signed up for Ipsy, Birchbbox, AND Glossy Box because...well, the concept is pretty cool. This is a monthly subscription service that is $10 a month, and consists of 4-5 deluxe samples that can be haircare, skincare, makeup items, or fragrance. Ipsy typically has better sample sizes than Birchbox, but will also have more drugstore/mid-range level products in it. I've read mixed reviews on Ipsy; some people love it, and others have issues with products they've been receiving, so I wasn't sure what to expect.

Join Ipsy! (Referral link.)

FTC Disclaimer: This product was received by me through my monthly Ipsy subscription service. This service is $10 a month (you receive 4-5 full size and/or deluxe samples per bag based on your responses to the survey you fill out upon sign up) and I purchase it with my own funds. I am not affliated with Ipsy or Nicole by OPI and receive no compensation for this post through these companies. All opinions are my own.

Also, I've created a second blog. I know, I know, I rarely update THIS one, right? The second blog is on Tumblr and you can reach it right here. This will have small little reviews, less on products, and more on specific colors and such. Also, first impressions (including the ones for these subscription services), along with FOTD posts and such, will go there. So if you have a Tumblr, feel free to follow me there! It's a sideblog so I can't follow you back, unfortunately. :(



Each month, your products will come in a small makeup bag, that is different each time. This month's bag is pretty cute and apparently they're doing an artist collaboration, as far as the bags go. Overall, the bags are a cute idea, but if you subscribe to this service for a length of time, you might find that you are drowning in bags, haha. Plus, from what I've seen, none of the bags are super large. This month's bag is really nice, and feels solid in terms of quality, BUT it's REALLY small, and for me...pretty much useless as a makeup bag. I'll find a use for it though!






I have first impression posts on all four products I've received: PIXI Flawless Beauty Primer, bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick, Nicole by OPI polish, and the Be A Bombshell eyeshadow quad.

Full reviews on the primer and possibly the quad and lipstick will be coming up on THIS blog after I've had a chance to use them longer!
 

Followers

Blogger news

Follow Girl, Uninterrupted

Most Reading