Korres Wild Rose Powder (04 - Medium Beige) Review

18 August 2012

So, this was going to be part of a little Sephora haul I meant to post...ages ago. It wasn't that interesting though - most of the stuff I had purchased were all on clearance, so no one was missing out because, well, these things aren't normally on clearance. In fact, they're still being sold for full price! However, the Sephora in my local JCPenneys had it on clearance. So that's a little recommendation I have: if you have a Sephora in a Penneys near you, I suggest checking it out every so often. Because it seems that, since they're smaller, they will mark down products that they are no longer going to physically carry. I have a couple more Korres products to talk about, and I just checked Sephora - they're all still available.

Anyway, this particular review is about a couple of face products I picked up from that clearance sale. I got a face powder and a concealer and lemme tell you: they are fantastic. I'm always getting different concealers so it's somewhat silly to repurchase those, but the powder is on my "need to repurchase" list! Anyway, I don't want to ramble TOO much, so let's get this review started!



Now, according to Korres' website:

Weightless pressed powder with wild rose, a natural source of vitamin c, helps brighten uneven skin tone and repair the look of fine lines while leaving skin with a flawless finish.

KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS
  • Weightless pressed powder provides sheer to medium coverage and a velvety smooth, luminous finish.
  • Helps brighten uneven skin tone and repair the look of fine lines.
  • KEY INGREDIENTS
  • Wild Rose Oil: a natural source of vitamin c, helps brighten uneven skin tone and repair the look of fine lines."

I'm really liking all of the Korres products I've tried so far, but this powder is one of my favorites...and that's saying something, because I really like ALL of the products I've tried! The ingredient list, or rather, what ISN'T on the ingredient list, is pretty nice!

This product is sold for $28 at Sephora.com but I purchased it on clearance at $9 at a JCP Sephora. The compact was cracked, but I think it was that individual one, but not the reason why it was on clearance.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Petro-chemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan"

Talc, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Silica, Zinc Stearate, Zinc Oxide, Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil, Potassium Sorbate, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Fragrance (parfum), Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil May Contain: Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides.

Some of these ingredients can be iffy to people. Talc, silica, and bismuth oxychloride are all ingredients that can be irritating to the skin, so it's something to be wary about.

This is a really awesome powder. It isn't a powder foundation really, but it has a pretty decent coverage. It reminds me a lot of the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. If I have a passable skin day, I can actually wear this on its own. I don't really know that it's MEANT to be a foundation, but it's super blendable and natural looking. I use it as a setting powder, usually over the Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream, which I absolutely adore.

It's finely milled and light feeling on the skin. I can pack this stuff on and it doesn't seem to look caked on. I really enjoy this powder. It wears extremely well on my skin as well. I have pretty combination skin and it looks nice on the dry spots as well as on my t-zone. It leaves a natural matte finish on my face - not too matte but not shimmery or shiny. It has an interesting smell...I'm not sure what it is; natural and kind of woody, but I actually like it, haha.

I would say this powder could work for a variety of skin types and probably tones as well. It's light enough that it could be a suitable setting powder for a wide range of colors, even though it doesn't come in a wide range of shades. Sadly, like a lot of brands, it doesn't come in deeper shades, which is pretty disappointing. I mean, come on, it's not like only beige people wear makeup.

It contains enough skin friendly ingredients, like jojoba oil and brazil nut oil, but it still manages to control shine for a decent length of time. I adore this product!







 

Followers

Blogger news

Follow Girl, Uninterrupted

Most Reading