Korres Raspberry Antioxidant Liquid Lipstick Review

29 August 2012

Yeah. I know. I'm doing a ton of Korres reviews today. Well, I took all of the pictures in one great group AND got them all edited at the same time as well. I was pretty impressed w/ myself, TBH. Anyway, this review is on two lip glosses I purchased from the JCPenneys Sephora. I believe they were phasing out the Korres makeup line from that particular location and put all of the color products on special clearance. When I bought these, I looked online and they were fairly new products to the Korres line and also still available on Sephora's website.

I am really liking these Korres lip products, so let's get this review started!



According to the Korres website:

KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS
Cooling, water-based liquid lipstick with the creamy texture of a lip gloss with the long-lasting, vibrant finish of a lipstick.

KEY INGREDIENTS
  • Raspberry & Pomegranate extracts: rich in line-smoothing, antioxidant Raspberry & Pomegranate extracts to protect against free-radical damage and smooth lip lines for softer, more youthful looking lips.
  • Acai Palm Pulp Oil: moisturizes and soothes the lips creating a long-lasting, creamy texture."

These retail for $22 at Sephora.com. It comes in five shades (six on Korres' website though) - out of the five, I have two. I purchased these from a JCPenneys Sephora on clearance for $7.

The ingredient list for these is super long!

  • Raspberry and Pomegranate Extracts: Provides antioxidant, line-smoothing benefits. These extracts are rich in antioxidant polyphenols that protect against free-radical damage and in turn aging.
  • Certified Organic Acai Palm Pulp Oil: Moisturizes and soothes the lips creating a long-lasting creamy texture.

Water, Triisostearin, Hydrogenated Polydecene, C18-70 Polyisoprene, Microcrystalline Wax, Glycerin, VP/ Eicosene Copolymer, Diisostearoyl Polyglyceryl-3 Dimer Dilinoleate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Beta Sitosteryl (Octadecene/MA) Copolymer, Myristyl Trisiloxane, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, C30-45 Alkyl Dimethicone, Silica Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Cetyl Dimethicone, Punica Granatum Sterols, Potassium Sorbate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Oil, Ethyl Vanillin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Zinc Oxide, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Oil, Caprylyl Methicone, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-t-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tin Oxide. [+/- (May Contain) Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Red 6, Red 7, Red 7 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake]."

I tend to have pretty conventional lip shades (haha). I go for nudes and pinks but if I don't choose those, I choose bright as hell colors. 'Neon Orange" lipstick from MAC is one of my favorites. Or I'll pick reds or bright fuchsias. And purples of any shade, of course! Of course, I picked a nude and a bright pink.

These are small and compact looking, w/ a typical doe-foot sponge applicator. I LOVE these things! They smell like MAC lip products and feel amazing on the lips; not super greasy or slippery but not thick and sticky. The perfect level of wear, these last a decent amount of time - probably three hours if I'm not eating or talking a lot.

They're hydrating and make my lips feel smooth. They feel so lightweight on the lips...even more so than the MAC Kissable Lipcolours, which is what they reminded me off. Plus they're pigmented! I want to buy all of the colors, haha. They're really pricy, which is the one downside... :(

I recommend checking these out, if the price doesn't totally make you cringe!






"30 Nude Beige".




"54 Fuchsia".

 

Followers

Blogger news

Follow Girl, Uninterrupted

Most Reading