Wet N Wild Fergie Centerstage Collection Photo Op Eyeshadow Palette in Maldives Sky REVIEW

09 June 2013

So while I actually have access to a computer, I figured it would be pretty dang smart if I just typed up a couple more blogs. So here's a review I meant to do ages ago. I just never got around to it. BUT this stuff is permanent, not LE like I had originally thought. The WNW Fergie nail polishes are available pretty much everywhere, but the Fergie Centerstage Collection is found only at Walgreens, so if you're interested in checking it out, you won't be able to find it elsewhere, sadly. At least, that is my general understanding, haha. There are four eyeshadow palettes in this collection, but I only have two of the four. Originally, I was going to review both of them at the same time, but I like the other palette so much better so, yeah...haha.

I have another review on some of the lipsticks from this collection, which you can read here, if you're interested!

I'm pretty sure that these palettes are about $4.99 but that might vary depending on location. Now, WNW does offer 8-pan palettes for the same price but I actually like these better. I know the 8-pan palettes are everyone's favorite, and if they work for you, that's fantastic. They're so powdery and chalky and fall-out prone. I'm not crazy about the high level of shimmer those shadows have either. For the most part, the frosty shimmer is pretty cheap looking on me. It looks amazing on other people though! In fact, I'm incredibly jealous, haha. So if those shadows work for you, I'd go for it. These palettes only have five shadows, versus the eight in the other ones.




According to Wet N Wild:

A range of HIGH FASHION shades exclusive to Fergie and unavailable elsewhere in the mass market. The ultra-pigmented, intense shades are formulated with nylon-treated powder for silky-smooth, longwearing, high color payoff that last all day. Textures range from translucent highlights and subtle mattes to shimmering glitters."

I agree with most of this...the highlight shade in this palette is the shimmery mint green and it's definitely on the translucent side. I like using this color over a sticky base on the actual lid but on the brow bone...what?? I don't know, I guess I prefer when palettes have practical highlighters and for me, a sea green is just not the thing. There aren't really any glitter shadows in this palette; there are two satin type finishes, the blue and the purple. The purple packs a bit less punch than I would like, but it still shows up nicely. The darker green is my favorite out of the bunch. The matte gray is also nice, but kind of strange when you consider the rest of the shades in this palette.

Overall, I like the quality and the texture of these shadows better than the regular Color Icon palettes. I know, I know, I run with a different crowd than most, haha. I think they're smoother and less powdery than those other ones. I loved the six pan palettes, but the trios and the eight pan ones have a more crumbly, powdery texture that I'm just not a huge fan of. These aren't perfect, by any means. I HIGHLY suggest a primer with these; on bare skin, the punch they pack is definitely minimized. They'll apply and blend much better when used with a primer.

Honestly? I really enjoy the formula of these shadows. I like the colors as well. I would recommend checking this palette out if you're looking for bright colors and don't enjoy the texture of the other WNW shadows as much.


Top row swatched on bare skin, bottom row swatched over the WNW primer from the Fergie Collection. With flash.


Top row swatched on bare skin, bottom row swatched over the WNW primer from the Fergie Collection. Without flash.

I did try a very basic look with this palette, to try and give an idea of the color payoff and blendability of these shadows. It's pretty mundane and typical, but...lol. I used the mint green as a highlight, the green on the inner half, blue on the outer half, purple in the crease (eye socket if you're like me and have monolids!), and the gray along the lower lashline.




The side with the blue eyebrow barbell is over primer; the side with the pink is on bare skin.

As you can see, over primer the color is more true and blends so much better. The shadow applies much smoother and less patchy as well. Again, I do recommend checking this palette out if you're interested in the colors. I think the quality of this palette is pretty decent, one of the better ones from the drugstore! :)
 

Followers

Blogger news

Follow Girl, Uninterrupted

Most Reading