e.l.f. Studio Lip Exfoliator PRODUCT RAVE/FIRST IMPRESSIONS

09 January 2014

I'm not sure if it's just in Michigan, but everyone I know, including me, has been suffering from SUPER CHRONIC DRY SKIN. My hands are absolutely disgusting; my fingers are cracked and scabby. My arms and legs feel practically like sand paper. And my lips...oh, my lips. I tend towards more of a matte finish lip and there is no way in HELL that I can pull off matte lips right now without looking like a hot mess!

So when e.l.f. had a huge sale (50% off EVERYTHING plus free shipping!), I snagged two of the lip exfoliators. I just got my order in today, but I'm making this post the same night because I am actually in love with this product. This is probably the best lip scrub I've used and it's only $3! The Bliss scrubs and Lush scrubs are at least $10 each, plus they come in pots, and this product blows them out of the dang water!

I'll put it this way; I just placed an order for eight more backups because I love this product that much. Since I've literally only had this for one day, that's why I'm titling this blog post "first impressions" and not an actual review. If my opinions do a 180, I will definitely make an updated post. But it's a lip scrub, ya know? I doubt my opinions are going to change drastically, haha.

FTC Disclaimer: I purchased this product for myself, with my own money. I am not sponsored or affliated with the e.l.f. brand, nor am I being compensated for this review. As always, my opinions are my own! :)



According to e.l.f., here is the description for the Lip Exfoliator:

Gently exfoliate lips to remove dry, chapped skin with our Lip Exfoliator! A sweet sugar and smoothing sensation, infused with Vitamin E, Shea Butter, Avocado, Grape and Jojoba Oils to nourish and protect. This Lip Exfoliator treats and smoothes lips for a conditioned and revitalized feel."

INGREDIENTS:

Sugar, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Ceresin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopherol, Aspartame, Fragrance.


I love how this product is packaged, first off. Instead of your typical scrub-in-a-pot type format, this is formed like a lipstick bullet in a metal lipstick case. You just rub it on over clean, damp lips, like you're applying a lipstick. This is a sugar-based scrub in a moisturizing, balmy base.


Product when it's brand new.


Product after it's been used.

This is a pretty standard lip scrub. Honestly, there is not much of a difference between lip scrubs. But this one is THREE EFFIN' DOLLARS, comes in a convenient lipstick shape, and has the most AMAZING TASTE. It smells and tastes like really rich coffee with hazelnut cream and sugar loaded into it. Absolutely delicious. The balm it leaves has a sweet coffee taste as well. I might just be crazy, haha. I'm not sure why it smells like amazing coffee to me, but omg it completely does. Hence why this is my new favorite lip product.

Oh. And, you know, it does a great job sloughing off the dead flakes of skin on my lips! ;)

 

Followers

Blogger news

Follow Girl, Uninterrupted

Most Reading