Eye Heart Tarte Eye Essentials - FIRST IMPRESSIONS

20 March 2015

The 21 Days of Beauty is going on at Ulta right now, and they always bring out some great kits from a lot of the prestige brands. I don't know if I plan on picking any more up, but I did get my hands on the two I had really wanted (this Tarte one being one of them!) and I wanted to get this post up ASAP! This is not an in-depth review. If you're interested in a full review on these products (the liners and mascara; this quad is only available in this kit I believe) then let me know! I've tried Tarte shadows and the Lights, Camera, Lashes! mascara before, but the liners are new to me.

This kit retails for $34 through Ulta. It should also be available in stores! The total value is $71, so you save $37! Plus, through April 4th (WHILE SUPPLIES LAST AT YOUR ULTA LOCATION), there is a GWP going on with Tarte; spend $30 and receive a free deluxe Brazilliance Face Towelette and deluxe Lipsurgence Lip Gloss in Flush, which is a $20 value, which means you can potentially get $91 worth of Tarte products for $34+ tax!

FTC Disclaimer: All of the products mentioned in this post were purchased by me, with my own money. I am not affiliated with Tarte and all opinions are my own, as always! I am not being sponsored nor compensated for this post.






According to Ulta's site:


Need 4 more reasons to "heart Tarte"? Introducing an exclusive discovery set of 4 must-have eye-essentials, including a brand-new Amazonian Clay Eye Shadow Quad inspired by Tarte's love for its loyal fans. With this exclusive color collection, you'll have everything you need to create natural, everyday eye looks or transition to a smoldering nighttime stare - whatever your heart desires!

Key ingredients:

Amazonian clay: Nature's most perfect ingredient for better, longer, truer wear
Olive esters: Help condition, treat and protect lashes
Provitamin B5: Vitamin B derivative that helps treat and thicken lashes
Mineral pigments: Soothe and soften lashes

A $71 value!

Includes:

Full size Lights, Camera, Lashes Waterproof 12-Hour Inner Rim Liner in black (0.009 oz.)
Full size Lights, Camera, Lashes Precision Longwear Eye Liner in Black (0.034 fl. oz.)
Deluxe Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-In-1 Mascara (0.13 fl. oz.)
Amazonian Clay Eye Shadow Quad in Ivory Little Thing (ivory), Heart Of Gold (gold), On Copper The World (dark copper) and Love Runs Deep (dark brown) (0.056 oz. each)"

Overall, I think this kit is a GREAT VALUE. I have a hard time buying Tarte products on their own, it just doesn't catch me, ya feel? I'll be a grandmother and I'll still be rockin' neon and glitter and false lashes, if that helps to explain it. That being said, I really like this kit. The liners are nicely pigmented. This IS a first impressions, not a review, so I can't tell you how the liners function over time, but I've had them on since 10 AM, and it's now 7 PM, and my liner is STILL on my tightline! It has faded a bit in my waterline, but the liquid liner hasn't faded and is still going strong, without smudging or flaking, so as far as the liners go, they get my tentative thumbs up! If you want a full review on the liquid liner, leave me a comment, because my opinions might change, since I usually hate this style of felt tips.

I've used Lights, Camera, Lashes several times before and it's a good, standard mascara. It adds a bit of length and volume, helps darken the lashes, doesn't flake or smudge on me, and also doesn't become hard or crunchy. I like this mascara. I prefer tons of volume and this mascara doesn't give me that BUT it's also a great layering mascara, especially when I use it with Benefit They're Real. Tarte shadows are always good, they remind me a bit of the Wet N Wild Color Icon shadows, except a bit easier to blend and apply. They're smooth and buttery and have great pigmentation. They're a bit more powdery than I, personally, like, but they're still great shadows. This quad is a great, every day quad. The highlight shadow is amazing, I love that it's not super frosty or glittery! The matte brown is also quite nice. The lid shadow tends to not show up that well on my skintone, but it's still a nice shimmery shade. The coppery color is probably my favorite.

If you like Tarte or want to try out the brand, or just like eye products, I highly recommend checking out this set. And now onto product pictures and swatches; warning, there are some close ups of my eye, if that kind of thing creeps you out. Also, ignore my brows please, they're a total work-in-progress! I'm going to show the swatches twice; at the end and also right here, in case you just want to see swatches and don't care about the product pics because it's a lot of scrolling!




















Taken with flash.


Taken without flash.


On the left: "Ivory Little Thing" and on the right: "Heart Of Gold".


On the left: "On Copper The World" and on the right: "Love Runs Deep".


Now, some pics of this stuff actually on my face. Again, sorry about my brows, they're a total WIP!







 

Followers

Blogger news

Follow Girl, Uninterrupted

Most Reading