Pacifica Skin Revival Micro Dermabrasion Scrub REVIEW

10 April 2016

IMG_6517Okay, so normally I like to test products out for a longer period of time than just one use. But this is a product that, considering the hefty price point and the tiny amount you get, I cannot stand. This review is going to go up ASAP so I can rehome this product to someone else who, hopefully, loves this product. Sadly, I did not. This is not intended to be a slight on Pacifica products as a whole. I have a handful of their products that I really enjoy (a couple of cleansers that should be getting some review love on here pretty soon!!) Plus, I love what the company stands for; it's cruelty free and all natural and also produced locally in the USA (holla at my Portland people!)



Product Rundown

What is is || Pacifica Skin Revival Micro Dermabrasion Scrub.
Description || Revive, brighten and make aging insignificant in your future as you gently scrub dullness away. Infused with natural antioxidants to fight the day's pollution and toxins. This effective yet gentle formula with natural beneficials improves the appearance of fine lines and texture. For all skin types. Formulated without animal ingredients, petroleum, parabens and phthalates, by Pacifica.
Price || $18
Size || 1.5 oz or 42.5 g.
Where to buy || Pacifica Beauty, Ulta, and any other Pacifica retailer probably.
Initial thoughts || I honestly did not feel like this scrub did anything for my skin. It didn't feel exfoliating, nor did it help renew or add a glow to my dull skin. It basically just felt like I was rubbing cold cream all over my face. I had to use quite a bit to feel any sort of scrub factor at all, and for the price I'm not into that!
Would I repurchase? || No.
Who this is good for? || I think people with really sensitive skin who still want to use a mild scrub to help remove dead skin cells would really enjoy this, especially if their skin is normal to dry. It leaves the skin feeling moisturized and is an incredibly mild scrub. The scent might be off-putting to those who are really sensitive.
Ingredients || Aqua, Jojoba Esters Wax, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Extract, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Flower Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grapeseed) Powder, Ozonized Orza Sativa Callus Culture Enzyme Extract, Geranium Maculatum Extract, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Juice, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

IMG_6518

IMG_6519

IMG_6522

IMG_6521

The scrubbing factor in this product is the jojoba esters wax. Now, do not mistake these for the plastic microbeads - jojoba beads are natural and biodegradable. Whether or not the biodegradable options of scrubbing beads are still harmful to the environment is a debate for another time. Rest assured, this scrub does not contain the microbeads that get consumed by sea creatures, etc. That being said, I like an exfoliating scrub. I like to feel like it's actually sloughing off dead skin cells and helping to brighten my complexion. I also have incredibly insensitive skin. I use my Clarisonic daily and I can typically use a milder scrub once a day as well, and face no bad side effects. That being said, this scrub felt like a cold cream base with a few grains dispersed throughout and, frankly, that's not good enough for me.

The texture is very creamy and a bit thicker; this is not a scrub that feels like it has a gel base to it. It doesn't leave your skin feeling too stripped and it feels decently hydrating. I think that this scrub would be great for those who have super sensitive skin and still want to have a bit of skin renewal while also not damaging their skin. It's a very, very gentle scrub, so if you're looking for a scrub like this, look no further than Pacifica. The scent is REALLY strong and smells exactly like Ponds Cold Cream to me. Some people might like the nostalgia; I do not. Sometimes I can still use products up if they weren't super great for me if they smell amazing but not only did this scrub not have the desired effect on my skin, it smells like effin' cold cream??! NO THANK YOU.

Whenever a brand specifically mentions ingredients in the description I feel required to check them out. So let's talk briefly over the three ingredients Pacifica name drops.

  • Jasmine Flower - contains antibacterial properties along with moisturizing properties and can help with healing scarring. Whether or not this product contains enough of the jasmine to really see those benefits, combined with the fact that this is a scrub and you will wash it off and down the drain in a minute is also a factor though.
  • Geranium - can be used to help reduce wrinkles, acne, and bug bites, it can also help reduce inflammation. As with the jasmine flower though, this is a scrub and not a concentrated essential oil, so whether or not the geranium will be potent enough and remain on the skin long enough is a serious question. I guess if you applied this like a mask and then used it as a scrub while removing it you might be able to see more of an effect.
  • Red Rice Extract - contains antioxidants that can help firm and tighten the skin while also reducing UV damage. A lot of the articles on red rice involve the actual consumption of it however, so who knows if it's still as effective when applied briefly to the skin! That being said, it sounds like red rice is a very good thing to eat and I might have to look into that more.

To conclude, I, personally, did not care for the price, size, scent, or effectiveness on my skin of this particular product. I think dry and sensitive skinned people would enjoy this far more than I did. Or anyone who wants a really super gentle hydrating scrub, give this one a go. It just wasn't for me and my combination skin!
 

Followers

Blogger news

Follow Girl, Uninterrupted

Most Reading