Maybelline Color Sensational ® Creamy Mattes REVIEW

01 October 2014

I have a pretty exciting post, or at least I was pretty excited. This is going to be a review on the new Creamy Matte lipsticks from Maybelline...and yes, I bought all ten, haha. I had no intention on doing so, and I rarely buy every single shade in a collection or release, but I realized that I had purchased eight of the ten and I scored my lipsticks on sale so...what the heck, right?

To limit the length of this review, I've posted individual color reviews on my Tumblr and will be doing this for future products where I purchase multiple shades because let's be real; ain't no one got time to read an absurdly long post with page anchors. Plus, the Tumblr app has a really friendly mobile interface and I don't have regular computer access so I can pump out posts on there easily. Feel free to follow! That's a sideblog, so I can't follow you back via that blog, but I can follow you on my main blog if you'd like!

I will have links to each individual color post in this post. Anyway, onward with the review!



According to Maybelline's website:

Now, lips slip into our creamiest matte
New mattifying cream pure pigments. Three precious oils
In 10 make-a-statement shades

Why You'll Love It

Only from Maybelline: The Creamy Mattes by Color Sensational deliver a red burst of bold lip color and a surge of creamy texture in 10 make-a-statement shades, for mattes your lips will love to wear!"


From L-R: "650 Nude Embrace", "655 Daringly Nude", "660 Touch of Spice", "665 Lust For Blush", and "670 Ravishing Rose".


From L-R: "675 Faint For Fuchsia", "680 Mesmerizing Magenta", "685 Craving Coral", "690 Siren In Scarlet", and "695 Divine Wine".

I love these lipsticks, overall. They're all smooth and creamy and super pigmented. They're a bit thinner in texture, but they're not as thin and slippery as Vaseline. I didn't find any staining with colors, even the darkest or brightest ones. Because they have a bit of a thinner feel, they aren't the most long-wearing; I get about 2 to 3 hours of wear out of these and less if I plan on eating or drinking anything.

I really love the feel; if you've tried MAC mattes, particularly "Ruby Woo", then you know about the thick, dry, almost cakey feeling that lipstick has. I love that lipstick, but it is sooooo uncomfortable to wear, very drying and it almost has that puckering feel that some long-wear lip products can have.

These lipsticks apply nicely and feel creamy. They don't get funky feeling when you reapply them. I am pretty much in love with these!

Links to the individual color reviews:
Nude Embrace - Daringly Nude - Touch of Spice - Lust For Blush - Ravishing Rose - Faint For Fuchsia - Mesmerizing Magenta - Craving Coral - Siren In Scarlet - Divine Wine




From L-R: "650 Nude Embrace", "655 Daringly Nude", "660 Touch of Spice", "665 Lust For Blush", and "670 Ravishing Rose".




From L-R: "675 Faint For Fuchsia", "680 Mesmerizing Magenta", "685 Craving Coral", "690 Siren In Scarlet", and "695 Divine Wine".
 

Followers

Blogger news

Follow Girl, Uninterrupted

Most Reading