Influenster - Oral Aesthetics & College 2012 VoxBoxes! :)

19 November 2012

Okay, let's do this! First off, I'm so, so, so sorry that I've been MIA lately. It's not even that I'm ridiculously busy or stressed...well, okay, I've been creepering on this random barista which involves me sitting around, pretending to do homework at 3 AM. And I've also been trying to focus on school. It's paying off! I have 100+% in three out of four classes, and in the fourth, I still have an A! :)

So here's the dealie-o: I'm cheating. I'm combining my two VoxBoxes into one post. And then I'll do individual product reviews on some of the stuff. The makeup stuff, that is. I'm not about to do a review on a ball-point pen, even though it is pretty fab. And y'all don't wanna hear me go on and on about Necco Wafers, LOL.

So. This post is going to touch on the Oral Aesthetics VoxBox and the College 2012 VoxBox (Those aren't links; they're page anchors. That way, if you ONLY want to go to a particular box, you can, and cut out all the rambling shit, lol. I'M LOOKIN' OUT FOR YOU GUYS!). I will post a review on the Crest 3D White Whitestrips Professional Effects when I am done w/ the box, so this will just be an initial kind of thing-bob. I'll also post reviews on the N.Y.C. Show Time Glitter Eyeliner and the Im-Press nails by Broadway Nails.

SHOW ON THE ROAD TIME, OUI?



Okay, so REALLY FAST - what the fuck is Influenster? I'm just going to copy/paste from my post about them (you can find that here):

So, let's talk about Influenster. This is a pretty cool site, y'all. And you don't need to be a big name blogger or vlogger to participate! Once you register, it's this interactive site where you can post reviews, read about new products, and interact w/ the brands via FB and Twitter.

You can try out for badges in things you're interested in (I've been working on the Beauty Badge and the cat lovers one, haha!) and work on improving your all-over score on the Influenster site. What is really neat is the Vox Boxes. They do all sorts, depending on your needs and interests and when you have certain badges and scores, they'll send you boxes of free (who doesn't like free??!) products to try. Most of these are full size or jumbo sample sizes!

So, basically, you can try new or nearly new products for free, which is neat as hell, because who doesn't like trying new stuff, right? Then you can post reviews, link your blog, and interact with other people."

And here is their description, which is probably much better than mine, lol.

What Is Influenster

Influenster is a free-to-join community of invited trendsetters who live to give opinions of products and experiences. Influenster creates links between brands and members to reward participation and influence future products.

So...what exactly is Influenster? So glad you asked. Here’s a handy definition that would make Merriam-Webster proud:
Influenster [in-floo-uhn-ster]
noun

An exclusive online community where tastemakers and trendsetters (such as yourself) come to share the latest and greatest news, places, products, and reviews with each other. 2. The hotspot you just bookmarked on your web browser that turns your social influence into sweet rewards.

Basically, Influenster is a place for culture junkies to come together and share their unique opinions of products and experiences. Active members of Influenster get exclusive access to deals, promotions, and swag from brands that thrive off the input (the good, the bad, and the ugly -- they just want to know what's up)."

So, the first one I wanna talk about is the Oral Aesthetics VoxBox. I've actually been utilizing my YouTube channel like I should (I even added a link to it on my blog page...along w/ Pinterest. Yep, shameless self promo right hurrr.)


So, in this box is a full-size Crest 3D White Whitestrips Professional Effects w/ Advanced Seal Technology. (OH MAN WHAT A MOUTHFUL. See what I did there?) I will have an actual review, so I'm not going to go crazy in-depth here but some things to note:

  • After three uses, you could see a noticeable difference!
  • I must have really sensitive teeth because my entire mouth is sore for about six hours after applying these.
  • The Advanced Seal technology is NO JOKE - you can drink water w/ these suckers on and they do not budge.
  • So far, I'm both happy and impressed, despite the mouth pain! :)


So far, so good! I'm a huge coffee drinker (as evidenced by the fact that I have been consistently creeping on various baristas for the past ten years...sad life) so I need all of the tooth whitening I can get!

Okay, moving on to the College 2012 VoxBox!


I love that they come w/ these informative little cards, haha. It's cool, because you get a little product info AND they tell you the rough price estimate, which is really nice!


I did an unboxing video for this one as well (I am on top of these video things, hahaha).


I'm going to talk about these things in order from favorite to least favorite. Okay, so my absolute favorite part of the this box is these little suckers:


They're freakin' energy sheets! Like those Listerine breath mints. The minty taste is super strong and a nice, fresh mint, and they actually help make me feel like I'm a living member of society, haha. I work and I go to school and I stalk dudes, so I don't get a lot of sleep, let's be real here. These are awesome because whereas energy drinks are usually carbonated and can make you feel bloated, these do not.

I need more of these in my life! And they come w/ a sticker and a $1 off coupon, how nice!










My next favorite thing was the Tropical flavored Necco Wafers. I used to HATE getting the original flavored ones in my Halloween candy...they're like coloured chalk to me! Sweet, vaguely fruity chalk.

However, these are DELICIOUS. Oh man, I fat-kid-ed it up for sure w/ this package. In fact, I devoured the whole damn thing the same day I opened the box! The flavors are awesome; Mango, Strawberry, Lime, Passionfruit, Coconut, and, sadly, Banana. I hate bananas...and banana flavored candy, but these were weird because they tasted like bananas. Not banana candy, but actual banana. I've never experienced that from a candy before!




Now onto the N.Y.C. Show Time Glitter Eyeliner. The shade name is "Show Time Black" and I was pleasantly surprised by this liner. I've used other N.Y.C. liners and have never been super impressed, but this went on smooth and almost creamy feeling (I say 'almost' because this DOES contain actual glitter flecks) and it wore a decent amount of time!

Sometimes black glitter liners can go on looking kind of gray or charcoal colored, due to the silver shimmer/glitter flecks, but this was a black liner w/ glitter, which I LOVE. I wore it on my waterline, because I'm an idiot and don't care...please, especially if you are a contact wearer - DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO and do not wear this on the waterline. (But it wore a pretty long time on my waterline as well!)






The next thing is the Pentel EnerGel-X™ RollerGel Pen w/ blue ink. These are refillable, which is awesome. And it is an incredibly smooth writing pen.

I think I speak for most college students when I say that pens are always useful. Actually, I probably speak for everyone - pens are ALWAYS useful. And they often like to travel to Narnia for extended periods of time. I started out w/ four packs of pens...and now I'm down to two, so I can always use another pen!






The last product is the Im-Press nails by Broadway Nails and unfortunately, this was the one product that did not work for me. I have a long nail bed. So even when my nails don't extend over the tips of my fingers, they're still very long. I had to cut my nails down to the quick to wear these press-ons...and it was sad, because they had JUST grown out to a quarter of an inch long too! :/

Even w/ my nails being cut extremely short, these nails were STILL too short. The design is really pretty and these are easy to use, so if they fit your nails, I'd give them a shot! But they just didn't work for me. I plan on doing a full review for these as well.




And that's pretty much it! I have a ton of random reviews and other things I need to talk about and plan on blogging about, so hopefully I can stop being a lazy ass and get those busted out! I hope everyone who celebrates has a great Thanksgiving!

Bonus Banana!cat:

 

Followers

Blogger news

Follow Girl, Uninterrupted

Most Reading