Urban Decay Supercurl Curling Mascara Review

24 September 2011

This is going to be a review on the Supercurl Curling Mascara from Urban Decay. This only comes in black. I've tried several mascaras from Urban Decay before (Big Fattie, Skyscraper, and the lash growth one) and they never really did much for me. Skyscraper was so dry that it clumped w/in seconds on me. It's similar w/ MAC; MAC mascaras usually just...don't get my rocks off, ya know? I do like Opulash, but that's it. A travel size of this mascara came in the Book of Shadows Vol. 4 and, surprisingly, I like this mascara so much that I will probably repurchase when I run out. This mascara is normally $20. Which is pretty expensive for a mascara, TBH. I would normally argue that quality should matter more so than price point, at least for me, but w/ mascara I find that hard to justify. It's hard to throw $20 on a product you'll have to junk in three months, but I REALLY like this stuff!

I am of the general opinion that high-end mascaras are a bloody rip-off. I like Rimmel mascaras - in fact, my current favorite is this Rimmel mascara w/ WOW in the name (I can't remember the rest) which I found in Meijer for under $4. I like L'Oreal Carbon Black Voluminous, I like Covergirl's LashBlast Fusion, and One By One from Maybelline. Don't get me wrong - I've used some very good high end mascaras...but in the end, there are drugstore ones that work just as well - barring CARGO's TexasLash or Too Faced Lash Injection: those are fantastic and I haven't found anything that I like more. I mean, come on! Lash Injection smells like CITRUS. But now that I've gotten WAY off track, for the actual review, continue after the jump.



Urban Decay is pretty excited for this mascara, and I can understand why. Here's what they said:

Perfectly sculpted lashes get boost, separation and tons of pretty curl from our Supercurl Curling Mascara, and they’ll last all day!

Curl makes a lady. Sculpt your lashes with perfectly sexy curves to feel instantly prettier-than-pretty. Our formula boosts curl, separates lashes, and literally crafts each one into an expertly-shaped, battable set. Part of the secret lies in our molded and curved new technology wand that shapes lashes AND holds curl effectively throughout the day. Even more impressive are the incredible conditioning ingredients in our formula – packed with glycoprotein for lash thickening, moringa seeds to help with curl definition, and Meadowfoam seed oil and Shea Butter for conditioning and smoothing. Take that. We’d probably love this mascara no matter what the tube looked like…. But in the spirit of looking pretty we put it in a stunning mirrored gunmetal tube, embellished with swirling black scrolls. Go on with your pretty self."



As I've mentioned loads of times, I have those typical short stick straight Asian lashes. Nothing really holds a curl on them and I find that using a waxier (i.e. waterproof) formula seems to just weigh my lashes down or something because waterproof mascara doesn't hold a curl for me in the slightest. I normally dislike plastic bristle wands, so I don't know if this is due to the applicator or the formula itself, but this mascara plus the UD lash curler is my new favorite duo. This stuff is really impressive. I'll usually curl my lashes before applying mascara but on the days where I get too lazy to actually curl my lashes just to be disappointed ten minutes later when they're stick straight again, this mascara actually curls them a bit.



The bristles help separate, I notice some volume and a teeny bit of length and this mascara is actually pretty dark. Again, it IS pretty pricy and if you already have nicely curled lashes, save your money. I do recommend this mascara, pretty highly.
 

Followers

Blogger news

Follow Girl, Uninterrupted

Most Reading