Revlon PhotoReady Translucent Finisher Review

16 February 2011

This is going to be a super quick review on the Revlon PhotoReady™ Translucent Finisher powder. This retails for around $11.99 anywhere Revlon products are sold. It comes w/ a decent amount of product and also has about, give or take, 3-4 shades including the translucent.







Here's a picture showing just how sparkly this stuff is!


Okay. Everyone and their dog has heard of Revlon's PhotoReady™ foundation by now. A drugstore alternative to MUFE's $42 HD, PhotoReady™ is supposed to make you look good in photos. It does this by having an extremely light coverage that is supposed to just even out problem areas. Most people agree that if your skin needs a lot of coverage, PhotoReady™ is probably not for you.

So what is a photo friendly powder supposed to do?

According to Revlon's website:

Revlon PhotoReady™ Translucent Finisher is a sheer, translucent shade that eliminates shine and sets makeup. Photochromatic pigments bend, reflect and diffuse light to help erase flaws. Micro-refined ultra-lightweight texture. Soft, luminous finish.

Fragrance free and oil free."

You would imagine, based on the foundation, that the powder would be extremely lightweight as well. I mean, the whole point is for the camera to not be able to see you have makeup on!

This powder IS finely milled. I would say it is the finest drugstore powder I've tried. It does eliminate oil and does a decent job of setting my makeup. That being said, I always prefer loose powder to set my liquid foundations. Doesn't matter what kind; I use NYC loose powder and I use MUFE's HD powder. But MUFE's HD is not made specifically for cameras, especially cameras w/ flash. It's made for HD film.

This definitely lives up to its name. Like PhotoReady™, this looks decent in flash photography. I like that it is translucent because sometimes colored powders look slightly off on me.

However this, like PhotoReady™, is one sparkly bastard. It glistens. You will sparkle like a Cullen w/ this powder. On camera it looks great. In real life? It looks greatly noticeable. It is not bad to the point where I will bury this away but if you have pores or scarring or fine lines, you may want to avoid this powder because it might make flaws look more obvious.

This stuff is so ridiculously sparkly but it's an okay product. For the price, however, I would pass. :/

FTC Disclaimer - I bought this stuff on my own. Revlon is not paying me to make this blog.
 

Followers

Blogger news

Follow Girl, Uninterrupted

Most Reading