NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream (Antwerp, Stockholm, Istanbul, and Addis Ababa) Review

14 August 2011

This is a post a long time coming. This is a product that I am absolutely raving mad about and in love w/. I want to buy all of these. I want to buy dupes of these. Like every product, these aren't flawless, but they are definitely on the fantastic side of the spectrum. I know you all know what it's about (since there's a picture of them, haha) but in case you aren't positive, this is going to be a review on the absolutely amazing NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams. I have four colors and they are seriously to die for. Okay, well, maybe not to die for, but they are super effin' fantastical. These are $6 on NYX's website and NYX often goes on those B2G1 sales at Ulta. You can also buy these lovely little lippies at Cherry Culture and Nonpareil Boutique for $4.50! I'm not sure how long this sale will go on for, but I would definitely check this out.

I am not a super big gloss fan. I have tons of lip gloss because I'm constantly getting sucked in to the next big thing, but I am not a huge gloss fan. Also, I have been pretty anti-shimmer lately. Not sure why, but it's just my personal preference at the moment. So when I saw these, I was GEEKED. They're matte, which is super awesome and they are also in the form of lip glosses, so it's super convenient as well. Anyway, onto the review and swatches!



NYX's website states:

Neither lipstick nor lip gloss—this is matte lip cream. A new kind of pout paint that goes on silky smooth and sets to a matte finish. Soft Matte Lip Cream is surprisingly durable and, unlike some matte lipstick formulas, also moisturizing. Available in 11 lip colors."

Do these live up to their description? F#&$ YES. These aren't drying like many matte lip colors can be and they definitely have a nice matte finish. I mean, I'm sure by now everyone realizes I love these. They're handy, they aren't going to melt in a car like a lipstick, and they come in some awesome colors. What is there not to like?

Wellllllllll...they have a really bad scent and taste. It's like coconut or vanilla...mixed in w/ plastic and a hint of that old lady lipstick smell. It isn't unbearable to me, but it could be irritating to people. Also they aren't super long lasting. The thing about long wearing products is they normally sap moisture out of lips and have that shrinking feeling to them. These are moisturizing and thus not incredibly long lasting. I would guess that they last about three to four hours on me. They do feel velvety smooth on the lips and I can deal w/ the smell and having to reapply because I like these that much.

Okay, swatch-time.



Addis Ababa





Istanbul





Antwerp





And finally, my favorite Stockholm





So, to wrap up, these products are fantastic and I highly recommend them!
 

Followers

Blogger news

Follow Girl, Uninterrupted

Most Reading